Travel Tips and Tricks
I am a podcast-aholic, and one of my favorite podcasts to listen to is Happier with Gretchen Rubin. I think Gretchen Rubin is brilliant, and she’s also very relatable so it’s always fun to listen to her podcast.
She has a special “Travel Hacks” podcast episode that she recorded back in August where listeners from all over the world chimed in with some of their best tips and tricks for travel. It is chuck full of fabulous ideas to make your traveling experiences even better! I’m going to share a few of my favorite hacks from the episode, but I highly recommend listening to the episode for all of the great tips.
Here are a few of my favorite travel hacks from the podcast:
- Order groceries online. I thought this was so smart. Basically, to save money and time, go ahead and order your groceries before your trip or even while you’re traveling. Then just go and pick them up, and voila, your food is taken care of. Then you have more time to enjoy your vacation.
- Put a colorful strip of duct tape on all your luggage. That way it’s easy to tell which luggage is yours. Brilliant. (I’ve seen people use ribbons too.)
- Pack your nice clothes in a dry cleaner bag. This helps prevent wrinkles. The next time you get something back from the dry cleaners, just save the bag and it’s ready to go for your next trip!
- If you’re anxious while traveling, look for ways to be kind to others along the way (like in the airport) to distract yourself from your own traveling stress. So smart!
- Keep this advice from Gretchen Rubin in mind: “The things that go wrong often make the best memories.” That’s perfect to remember the next time you’re sitting next to the crazy person on the plane, or when you forget your wallet in the hotel room:)
I hope these travel tips and tricks help you next time you come to Jackson Hole!
And, of course, come stay at the Flat Creek Inn while you’re here!